The Olathe Gem and Mineral Society, with seven other similarly involved local groups, belongs to the Association of Earth Science Clubs of Greater Kansas City, and as such we participate in the development, organization and production of the Annual Gem & Mineral Show each March (in conjunction with “Shows of Integrity”). This annual event typically attracts in excess of 100 national and International wholesale and retail vendors, includes special feature and invitational exhibits, scheduled speakers, and a live auction (this final event benefiting the Association scholarship fund). The next annual show (the 57th) will occur March 9-11, 2018 at the Kansas City International Exhibit Hall. Please visit the KC Gem Show website for current specifics related to dates, location, speaker schedules, etc. of the next such show. The following link will display a coupon which can be printed for the March show. KC Gem and Mineral Show 2018 Coupon.
To view the club display cases at the most recent March 9-11, 2018 show, please watch the slide show presentation below.
As sponsors and participants in the annual show our club members may, and are encouraged to —
- Display their collections, work and/or related items for the duration of the show. (In a designated show area, and in locked display cases).
- Volunteer to assist with show set ups (Wed. floor layout, table set ups, – and into Thur.)
- Volunteer for arrangement and set up of our club cases, assist vendor arrivals, etc. (on Thursday).
- Volunteer during the show (sales, tickets, announcements, attendee control, general assistance, etc.) for portions of Fri., Sat., and Sunday.
- Removal of club cases and materials (Sunday close).
This is a great opportunity to get to personally meet and get to know the organizers, vendors, speakers, and other members of participating clubs. Additionally our involvement and display of club cases benefits our opportunity for networking and interest in our organization to potentially interested members.